Ingredients (5 servings)
|Medium Onion, thinly sliced||1 (200 g / 7.1 oz)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tbsp|
|S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix 92 g||1 pack|
|Cooked Rice||5 x 200 g / 7.1 oz|
|【Katsu (Cutlet)】 Chicken breast (or Pork loin), thickly sliced into 5||650 g / 23 oz (130 g/serving)|
|All purpose flour||30 g / 1.1 oz|
|Panko or breadcrumbs||50 g / 1.8 oz|
|Vegetable Oil||as needed for frying|
- Stir-fry onions with oil in a large saucepan on medium heat for approx. 5 min.
- Add water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until ingredients are tender, approx. 15min.
- Turn the heat off, break S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix into pieces and add them to the saucepan. Stir until sauce mixes are completely melted. Simmer approx. 5 min., stirring constantly.
- Season chicken breast/pork loin with flour, then dip into beaten egg. Coat with panko (breadcrumbs).
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 170°C (340 F). Drop a few panko into the pan to check oil temperature. (Panko should float on the surface and sizzle.)
- Fry cutlets for 6-8 minutes, (depending on the thickness of meat). Don’t put all ingredients at once; because it will cause the temperature fallen. Turn cutlets over a few times until panko becomes golden. Drain well.
- Place rice on a plate, top with cutlet, then serve curry sauce over.