Ingredients (For 20 falafels (about 3 cm balls)
|Chickpeas (dried)||180 g|
|Onions (2cm dices)||100g|
|【A】 Parsley (minced)||20 g|
|Cilantro (minced)||20 g|
|S&B Oriental Curry Powder 85g||1 Tbsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Deep frying oil||As needed|
|【Salad vegetables】 Cilantro||As needed|
|Leaf lettuce||As needed|
|Trevise (Italian chicory)||As needed|
|Red onion||As needed|
|Colorful cherry tomatoes||As needed|
|Yogurt dip||As needed|
- Soak the chickpeas in plenty of water overnight.
- Drain the rehydrated chickpeas. Put the chickpeas in a food processor together with the onion and garlic and process them into a paste. Add 【A】 and mix well. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the baking soda to 【1】 and mix well.
- Heat the deep-frying oil to 170-180°C (340-360℉). Roll 【2】 into 3 cm balls and put them into the heated oil. Fry the balls until they become golden brown and drain off excess oil.
- Cut the leafy vegetables into easy-to-eat pieces. Thinly slice the red onion and zucchini.
- Put the falafels and vegetables together on a plate.