Ingredients (16 pieces)
|Potato||600 g / 1.3 lbs|
|Ground beef||100 g / 3.5 oz|
|Onion (minced)||100 g / 3.5 oz|
|Celery (minced)||40 g|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tbsp|
|【A】 S&B Oriental Curry Powder||1.1 / 2 Tbsp|
|Oregano (dried)||2 tsp|
|Egg (beaten)||As needed|
|Panko or breadcrumbs||As needed|
|Deep frying oil||Amount necessary for frying|
|【Sauce】 Tomato||100 g / 3.5 oz|
|Onion (minced)||50 g|
|S&B Oriental Curry Powder||2 tsp|
|Olive oil||1 Tbsp|
|【B】 Worcestershire sauce||2 Tbsp|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tbsp|
|Parsley (chopped)||1 Tbsp|
- Wash the potatoes well and boil them unpeeled until they are soft.
- Mince the onion and celery.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat and stir-fry the ground beef.
- When the meat is cooked, add 【2】 and stir-fry.
Once the vegetables become tender, add 【A】 and stir-fry to blend well.
- When the potatoes become soft, drain the water, and skin the potatoes. Mash them while they are hot and mix with 【4】.
- Pack 【5】 in a cooking tray and allow it to cool. Divide it into 16 parts and shape them into short cylinders.
- Coat the cylinders with flour, beaten egg, and panko in that order, and deep-fry them in oil at 170-180℃ (340-360℉) until they are golden brown.
- Make the 【sauce】. Chop the tomatoes into 5 mm dices and roughly mince the onion.
Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat and stir-fry the curry powder until it becomes aromatic.
Mix the cut tomato and onion, fried curry powder, and 【B】.
Enjoy 【7】 with the sauce.
* You can enjoy the croquettes also with source made by mixing mayonnaise (desired amount) and curry powder (desired amount).