Ingredients (5 servings)
|Beef (or Chicken, Lamb, Shrimp), chopped||200 g / 7.1 oz|
|Medium Onion, minced||1/2 (100 g / 3.5 oz)|
|Medium Onion, sliced||1 (200 g / 7.1 oz)|
|Large Potato, chopped||1 (200 g / 7.1 oz)|
|Medium Carrot, chopped||1/2 (100 g / 3.5 oz)|
|Vegetable oil||2 1/2 Tbsp|
|Soup stock cube||1|
|【Curry Roux】 Vegetable oil||2 1/2 Tbsp|
|All purpose flour||4 Tbsp|
|S&B Curry Powder||2 Tbsp|
- Stir-fry minced onion with oil (in a large skillet) on low heat until golden. (approx. 20 min.)
- Add meat and other vegetables and stir-fry on medium heat for approx. 10 min.
- Add water and a soup stock cube bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until ingredients are tender, approx. 20min., and then turn off the heat.
- Make 【Curry Roux】. Put vegetable oil and flour into a sauce pan with low heat, fry flour carefully not to burn until golden.
- Turn the heat off and chill the sauce pan with wet towel. Add curry powder and mix well to make roux.
- Add some broth of (3) and extend into the flour. Put the roux to (3) and stir until melt completely.
- Simmer approx. 5 minutes to thicken. Add salt and sugar for seasoning.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles.