Ingredients (12 servings, 8 cm in diameter)
|【Dough】 Bakinig flour (sifted)||300 g|
Active dry yeast
||250 g / 9 oz|
Onion (roughly minced)
||150 g / 5 oz|
Carrot (roughly minced)
||50 g / 1.8 oz|
Mushrooms (roughly minced)
||50 g / 1.8 oz|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tbsp|
S&B Golden Curry Mix 92 g
|Panko or breadcrumbs
||Amount necessary for deep-frying|
- Bring milk to a boil once and let it cool.
- Sift the baking flour.
- Bring the butter back to room temperature.
- Grease the inside of a large bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy pot and stir-fry the ground beef.
Add the onion, carrot, and mushrooms and stir-fry until the vegetables become soft.
- Add the water and once it comes to a boil, turn down to low heat.
Put a lid on the pot leaving a small gap between the lid and pot and simmer until the ingredients become soft. (Approx. 20 min)
- Turn off the heat and add the S&B Golden Curry Mix by breaking it into pieces, then stir until they are completely melted.
Turn on the heat again and simmer until the source becomes thick. (Approx. 5 min)
- Lay the filling evenly in a clean cooking tray and cool sufficiently in a refrigerator.
Then, divide into 12 portions.
- Put the flour in a clean bowl and make a well in the center. Put the yeast, salt, sugar, beaten egg, milk, and water in the well and mix them altogether.
When the flour has dissolved and the dough holds together, take it out onto a table/board and knead it well. When the dough becomes smooth, add the butter and knead further.
- Put 【1】 into the bowl greased inside and cover it with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise at 30-40°C for 60-80 minutes until doubled in size. (First prove)
- Sprinkle flour on the table/board and take 【2】 onto it, then let the air out. Divide the dough into 12 pieces and cover them with plastic wrap. Let them sit for 15 minutes. (Proving time)
- Put flour on your hands and press each piece of dough using the palms to release air, then use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a circle.
Place the curry filling in the center of the dough circle. Fold the dough in half wrapping the filling, stick the open edges together to make an oval ball.
Rest it with the side stuck together facing downward. (Forming)
- Coat the filled dough balls with beaten egg and panko. Cover them with plastic wrap and leave them for 30-40 minutes. (Second prove)
- Make 1-2 holes in a filled dough ball and deep fry in the oil at 170°C by occasionally turning over until the overall surface becomes golden brown.