Ingredients (5 servings)
|Onion (thinly sliced)
|Vegetable oil||1 Tbsp|
|S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix 92 g||1 pack|
|Rice (cooked)||5 x 200 g / 7.1 oz|
|【Chicken Katsu (Cutlet)】 Chicken breast (or chicken thigh)||650 g (130 g / serving)|
|All purpose flour||30 g / 1.1 oz|
|Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)||50 g / 1.8 oz|
|Vegetable Oil||As needed (for deep frying)|
- Slice the onion. Stir-fry onions with oil in a large saucepan on medium heat for approx. 5 min.
- Add water and bring it to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, turn down to low heat.
Put a lid on the pot and simmer until the ingredients become soft. (Approx. 15 min)
- Turn off the heat. Add the S&B Golden Curry Mix by breaking it into pieces, then stir until it is completely melted.
Turn on the heat again, simmer while stirring occasionally. (Approx. 5 min)
【Chicken Katsu (Cutlet)】
- Season chicken breast or thigh with flour, then dip in the beaten egg. Coat with panko.
- Heat vegetable oil to 170℃ (340℉) in a large saucepan.
- Deep fry the chicken for 6-8 minutes (depending on the thickness of meat).
*Do not put all in at once: it will cause the temperature fallen.
- Turn the cutlet over a few times until panko becomes golden. Then drain well.
- Place the rice on a plate, top with cutlet, then serve curry sauce over.