Ingredients (For 4 pieces)
|Panko breadcrumbs (vegan)||As needed|
|Deep frying oil||As needed|
|【Curry Sauce】 Red onion (roughly minced)||100 g|
|Tomato (roughly minced)||150 g|
|Avocado||1/2 (100 g)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tbsp|
|Olive oil||1/2 Tbsp|
|S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix 92g||2 blocks|
|Thick sliced bread(For vegan)||As needed|
|Carottes râpées (shredded carrot salad)||As needed|
|Marinated red cabbage||As needed|
- Wrap the tofu tightly in kitchen towel, place a weight of about two plates on top, and leave for 40 minutes to drain.
- Cut 【1】 into 1.5 cm-thick pieces, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Coat the tofu with 【A】 and then panko breadcrumbs. Deep-fry the coated tofu in oil preheated to 170-180℃ (340-360℉) until golden brown.
- Roughly mince the tomato, red onion and avocado. Then, mix the minced avocado with lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and stir-fry the minced red onion.
- Once it becomes tender, add the minced tomato and avocado and lightly stir-fry. Add water, and turn off the heat once it comes to a boil. Add the S&B Golden Curry Mix, then stir until sauce mix is melted.
- Turn on the heat again, and simmer until the sauce becomes thick.
- Stack the carottes râpées, lettuce, marinated red cabbage and tofu katsu on a piece of bread, put the sauce on the tofu katsu, and then top with another piece of bread, making a sandwich.