Ingredients (4 servings)
|Garlic (sliced)||4 cloves|
|Onion (sliced)||400 g / 13 oz|
|Olive oil||4 Tbsp|
|Tomato (1 cm dices)||200 g / 7 oz|
|S&B Golden Curry Mix 92 g||1 pack|
|Dark chocolate||60 g / 2.2 oz|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tbsp|
|【Chicken katsu】 Chicken (thighs)||2 (600 g)|
|Flour||30 g / 1.1 oz|
|Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)||50 g / 1.8 oz|
|Vegetable oil||As needed (adequate amount for frying)|
|Rice (cooked)||As needed|
|Pickles (vegetables of your choice)||As needed|
- Slice the garlic and onion. Chop the tomato into 1 cm dices.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil in a pot over medium heat and stir-fry the garlic until it becomes crispy.
Add a half amount of the sliced onion and stir-fry until it becomes brown, then take it out of the pot.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the olive oil in the same pot over medium heat and stir-fry the remaining half of the sliced onion.
Add the tomato and onion from 【2】 back in and mix while stir-frying, then add the water.
Simmer for 3 minutes and turn off the heat. Add the S&B Golden Curry Mix by breaking it into pieces, then stir until they are melted.
- Simmer over medium heat while stirring until the mixture becomes thick. Add the chocolate and simmer until melted, then add the Worcestershire sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the chicken. Dredge the chicken in flour, dip it in the beaten egg, and cover it with panko.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a pot to 170℃.
- Deep fry the chicken for 6-8 minutes. (Adjust the frying time depending on the chicken size.)
Do not put all pieces of the chicken into the oil at once as doing so will lower the oil temperature.
- Turn the katsu over several times and fry until it becomes golden brown, then drain off excess oil.
- Serve the rice on a plate and place the chicken cutlet into easy-to-eat size pieces on top, then pour over the curry sauce.