Ingredients (Enough for 8 pies, each 10 cm in diameter and 3 cm in height)
|Ground beef||500 g / 1.2 lbs|
|Onion (2 cm pieces)||400 g / 13 oz|
|Carrot (2 cm pieces)||150 g / 5 oz|
|Potato (2 cm pieces)||150 g / 5 oz|
|Tomato (2 cm pieces)||300 g / 10 oz|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tbsp|
|Red wine||100 ml|
|S&B Golden Curry Mix 92g||1 pack|
|Frozen pie dough sheets||As needed|
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat and stir-fry the ground beef.
Once the beef has cooked, add the onion, carrot, and potato, and continue to stir-fry until the oil has become absorbed by the vegetables, then add the tomato and continue to stir-fry.
- Once the tomato begins to break down, add the red wine and bring to a simmer. Add the amount of water listed in the ingredients, and turn down to low heat once it comes to a boil. Simmer for an additional 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then break the S&B Golden Curry Mix into pieces, and stir them in until they are melted.
Return to medium heat and simmer for another 5 to 6 minutes.
Allow the curry sauce to cool completely.
- Allow frozen pie dough sheets to thaw. When they have reached room temperature, prepare 8 circular sheets 10 cm in diameter and 8 circular sheets 15 cm in diameter. Using a fork, prick holes into the pie dough.
- Place the 15 cm pie dough sheets from ⑤ into the cups of the meat pie tray, and fill them with the curry sauce from ③.
Place the 10 cm pie dough sheets over each pie and use a fork to seal the edges.
Cut vents onto the top of the pies, then coat with a layer of beaten egg.
- Bake pies in an oven heated to 200℃ for 25 to 30 minutes.