Ingredients (5 servings)
|Onion||1 3/4 (350 g / 13 oz)|
|Carrot||1/2 (100 g / 3.5 oz)|
|Potato||1 (150 g / 5 oz)|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|S&B Golden Curry Mix 92g||1 pack|
|Rice, cooked||5 x 200 g / 7.1 oz|
|【Chicken katsu (Cutlet)】 Chicken breast / thigh||650 g (130 g / serving)|
|All purpose flour||30 g / 1.1 oz|
|Panko or breadcrumbs||50 g / 1.8 oz|
|Vegetable Oil||As needed (for deep frying)|
- Cut vegetables into 1 cm cube.
- Stir-fry the vegetables with oil in a large saucepan for approx. 5-10 min.
- Add water and simmer until ingredients are tender for approx. 15 min.
- Turn the heat off, break S&B Golden Curry Mix into pieces and add them to the saucepan. Stir until mixes are completely melted. Simmer until thickened, stirring constantly for approx. 5 min.
【Chicken katsu (Cutlet)】
- Season chicken breast / thigh with flour, then dip into beaten egg. Coat with panko (breadcrumbs).
- Heat vegetable oil to 170℃ in a large saucepan.
- Fry the chicken for 6-8 minutes (depending on the thickness of meat).
*Do not put all in at once: it will cause the temperature fallen.
- Turn the cutlet over a few times until panko becomes golden. Then drain well.
- Place rice on a plate, serve curry sauce and top with the chicken katsu. Garnish with fresh vegetabls, as desired.